Donate Banner

Donate Banner
Click the banner to donate and be sure to mention that Tabitha sent you!

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Independence Moon

Happy Independence Day!
It’s a hundred degrees again today. I was doing fairly good walking last week, nearly six miles total over three days. It’s been a bit harder getting motivated this weekend, with the holiday the heat and the humidity. 
July seems to be a busy time; everyone is planning something, and going in different directions. Kacey, now finished with her summer college course, has a wedding to attend and then working with Vacation Bible School in a couple of weeks.  Johnny and Tucker are still working on the trip to New York, where Tucker has a chance to play in the PDGA Amateur Disc Golf World Championships. I was considering a marathon in Saint Augustine (I absolutely love St. Augustine), but going in July seems beyond my tolerance.  I really need to work on heat tolerance...but I just don’t see how you do that.
I went out this evening and walked three miles.  Walking in the late evening is nice, still hot but not too bad. The moon was really pretty tonight. It was just a little sliver and had clouds hanging around it. Every now and then the clouds would hide the moon away and I would have to wait to see it again. I think that’s what kept me going for the third mile, I just wish I had my phone with me I would have taken a picture to share.
I have been thinking more about the Disney Marathon in October. A teammate had mentioned it was run at night; maybe just what I need to get my feet wet, so to speak. An added perk: I would get to see a good many of the “Team.” I guess we will have to wait to see.
Hope everyone had a safe weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment