Donate Banner

Donate Banner
Click the banner to donate and be sure to mention that Tabitha sent you!

Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Hills of North Carolina

All last week the temperatures had been in the 100’s. By the time Friday morning came around we (my hubby, daughter and I) couldn’t wait to get to North Carolina. Not only was it so much cooler there, but my son had been gone for a week and I couldn’t wait to see him! My mom kept saying how it was supposed to be cooler than it turned out to be, they were expecting the upper 80’s and I think it was 92 Sat and 93 Sun. Now you need to understand a couple of things. Where I live in the country we don’t get much of a breeze unless it is a “windy” day. Where we go to visit family in NC they live near the lake and at least while I was there, we had an awesome breeze.
Saturday morning I got up at a decent time (great for me). I think we got out of the house around 8:30. We had not planned exactly were to go, I knew the neighborhood would be a great place to walk though. Little did I know someone slipped hills into the area! YEAH, really, I couldn’t believe it either! The first road took us right to the lake, it was still kind of quite for a Saturday, then we turned a corner and... 
“Hey, whats that?”
My daughter thought I had lost my mind, my nephew ( ) who has more energy than all of us put together, laughed at me the entire walk! 
“A hill, who put that here? I don’t remember hill’s being in this neighborhood!”
Funny, until you try to walk somewhere you just don’t realize the difference in the elevation. I think this is something I have to learn from. 
Since this weekend, I have noticed more course maps noting the elevation changes. Now I am not saying they weren’t there before, just I hadn’t noticed. Maybe I had that road block - Florida is flat, so is south Georgia... Gee, I just haven’t thought about looking for hills unless you get near more Mountainous areas. I know there’s hills in Atlanta, so I can’t be all dumb, just neglectful of following through with the research.
Yeah, dumb. I know.
But I’m still learning... and still walking!

No comments:

Post a Comment