Donate Banner

Donate Banner
Click the banner to donate and be sure to mention that Tabitha sent you!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Road Block

Training started out well enough. Within a few weeks I was walking two miles. In May my family had a killer road trip which took us from our house in Georgia to my parents in North Carolina then to Orlando, FL (yeah!). Then we went back home for a couple of days before going back to NC and finally back home!!  A total of approximately 1,600 miles.  The trip was made within a two week period, but at the point that I finally stopped, it was to late. I had already aggravated my sciatic nerve.  This was a real low point for me. My training had to completely stop. My confidence was teetering on the side of a very tall cliff.
This is where Team AllEars has impressed me once again. I had so many messages and emails with uplifting comments and stories. I really needed to stop feeling sorry for myself, my team members were very supportive and helped me build back the confidence I needed to restart my training.
So, to catch up a bit, I took enough time off to recuperate and got back on the road.  It didn’t take long to get up to walking two miles, I tried not to be disappointed that before I had reached three. Now I have more than an injury to  be careful about, the heat has become a factor.  With temperatures reaching the 100’s and the heat index well above 110, I have to start early in the morning.
YIKES!  That is so hard for me, just getting up early is bad enough, but to actually do something productive before 11:00a.m. This is something I am working very hard on.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment